I just realised that most of the recipes I post on this blog are breakfast recipes. So to solve that, y’all are going to have to make this for dinner. I don’t think that will be a problem – it’s delicious and it’s extremely healthy as it’s full of vegetables and protein.
This vegetable hash, although not very traditional, is bursting with flavor and more importantly, is super easy to whip up! You can double, triple or even quadriple the servings to suit yourself.
Use whatever vegetables you wish but I would avoid anything too soft like squash or greens.
- olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- pinch of garlic salt, black pepper, oregano and chilli flakes
- 1.5 cup mixed vegetables (I suggest corn, baby corn, mushrooms, zucchini, tomatoes – whatever’s in season)
- 2 eggs
- Dice the onion, garlic and vegetables. Set aside.
- Heat around 2 tsp olive oil in a small pan and when it’s hot, add the garlic and onion.
- Saute until lightly browned and then add in the vegetables
- Add the hot sauce and spices
- Lower the heat and cover the vegetables
- Meanwhile lightly coat a flat pan with olive oil
- When it’s hot, crack in two eggs
- Sprinkle the top with black pepper
- Your vegetables should be done by now, serve them on a plate and place the fried eggs on top.