Who doesn’t love nutella? (update: I have found actual living breathing human beings who do not like nutella and they are currently under observation right now for mental illness and/or extra terrestrial taste buds)
I love granola bars. They’re the perfect snack but the store bought ones are so expensive and unnecessary when it’s so unbelievably easy to make your own at home!
You can eat them anytime – take them to school, eat them as a midnight snack, eat them for dessert, eat them for breakfast, eat them with more nutella on top, eat more than half the batch while you’re photographing them..
You can play around with the ingredients and mix and match to your liking.
Don’t like nuts? Don’t put them in.
LOVE nuts? Put in more!
Like your granola bars crunchy? Add 2tbsp. more oil to the batter and bake for a few minutes longer!
These make approximately 8-10 bars, depending on how big you cut them and how much of the mixture you ‘taste’ before baking.
Nutella Granola Bars
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup mix nuts and dried fruit
- 6 tbsp nutella
- 5 tbsp honey
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional but strongly recommended)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celcius and grease a baking pan.
- Mix oats, flour and nuts/dried fruit in a large bowl.
- Microwave the honey and nutella in a small bowl.
- Beat an egg into the honey and nutella.
- At the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Press the mixture into a baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool before slicing and eating.