Easy to whip up dessert when you want something sweet without all the hassle of making a large serving! If you want to make more though feel free to double, triple or quadruple the recipe.
All the ingredients needed for this recipe are ones you probably have lying around! And the type of fruit used is flexible too. I have used apple, banana and strawberries but you can also sub in other berries, cherries, pears, peaches, plums or mangoes. Actually this would be to die for with some peaches so I can’t wait to try it again in the summer when peaches are in season!
This is great on it’s own but it might not hurt if you decide to top it with a scoop of ice cream. Just saying.
So what are you waiting for?
Individual Serving Fruit Crumble
- 1 cup fruit (equivalent to 1/2 small apple + 1/2 banana or 1 cup berries or 2 peaches)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon oats (I used quick oats but whatever oats you have on hand will work)
- 1 tablespoon almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 tablespoon nuts and dried fruits, roughly chopped (optional but highly reccomended)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Dice the fruit
- Mix the fruit with lemon juice, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp brown sugar and then place in the ramekin you will be baking in.
- In another bowl mix together the oats, almond meal, butter, remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, nuts and dried fruit until well combined
- Put the oat mixture on top of the fruit and bake in oven for around 25 minutes until the top is lightly browned
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream or more fresh fruit if desired and enjoy!