A wonderful crispy granola, perfect in the morning with some cold milk and some dried fruit added on top. Or however you like granola, but thats my preference 🙂
I find making my own granola much better than buying store bought because I can alter the flavors to my liking and mix and match it instead of having the same flavor everyday. Also, I know exactly what’s going into it – no chemicals or sneaky corn syrup hiding in here! Not to mention, it’s super easy. All you need is oats, toppings, an oven and less than half an hour of your time. And 20 minutes of that is just waiting for it in the oven.
This is a simple granola because I like making this and then adding whatever toppings I feel like on that day, but feel free to add in more flavors or dried fruits or anything into the recipe.
- 2 cups oats (rolled oats are best, but any oats would work!)
- chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup olive/coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey/agave
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- More add ins: dried fruit, shredded coconut, cocoa powder, coffee powder, cinnamon, maple extract, cocoa nibs)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and take out a baking tray
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil and add in the honey and vanilla extract. Stir on low heat for about a minute until well integrated.
- Spread the oats, nuts and whatever other toppings on the baking tray.
- Pour the wet ingredients on top and mix well.
- Pop in the oven and bake for around 20 minutes, shaking the tray ever 5 minutes to make sure the granola doesn’t stick and gets evenly baked.
- Done! Serve with yogurt, milk or fresh fruit!
Note: If you use dried fruit, add in only in the last 3 minutes.